Tuesday 22 November 2011

NYX Cosmetics: Pearl Mania Pigments.





Nyx is a popular drug-store brand in America, it is slowly becoming more and more popular in the UK but it is still a bit difficult to get your hands on. I got a full set of 30 pearl mania pigments from Ebay. I had developed a bit of an obsession with pigments from the youtube beauty guru's. The uses of pigments are wide and varied, you can wear it as an eyeshadow wet or dry. Mix it with clear gloss, nail polish, hair gel and mascara to make new colours, pigments are a must have for fully customizable make-up. They are also great for if you want to match your eyeshadow to your nails.


This look was created using the grass pearl pigment, I used it over a primer and used it dry, i then darkened the outer v with a matte black eyeshadow. A thin line of ELF felt tip eyeliner added the final touches to this simple eyeshadow look. Greens work really well with blue and brown eyes. My lips are MAC Viva Glam V.

Nyx Pearl Mania Pigments: So my final verdict? AMAZING! I get great colour pay-off when I use them wet or dry. I have used them with gloss for more dramatic looks and have even used it as eyeliner. High quality pigments yet affordable. The texture is good, but being so fine there is a lot of fall-out if you don't use them wet. They are all shiny, not chunky glittery shiny. I usually prefer matte but if I want a bit of sparkle I always reach for my NYX Pearl Mania Pigments.

xx
Saoirse

No comments:

Post a Comment